Thing5 LLC. (“Jawbite”,”The Company”) owns and runs various websites, including but not limited to jawbite.com, cosacincopress.com, and thing5.com (the “Websites”), through which it offers various services and software (the Websites, services and software are referred to as the “Services”).
1. Information Collected. You are not required to provide personally identifiable information to visit the Websites. However, in order to take advantage of certain features you may need to provide some personally identifiable information.
- Account Information. To create an account on Jawbite, we require you to provide your name, email address, and phone number, to create a user name and to provide a password.
- Third Party Service User Names and Passwords. Jawbite allows you to access third party services by logging into your account through Jawbite (the “Third Party Services”). In order to access your Third Party Service account, you must enter your applicable user name(s) and password(s) on the Jawbite Service. To use the basic services on the Websites, Jawbite does not store the password(s) of your Third Party Service accounts on our server. If you wish to utilize advanced features of the Services, such as email and contact management, storage of your password(s) may be necessary.
- Aggregate Usage Data and Anonymized Data. Jawbite may collect usage data based on users. usage of the site and its various features, but it is not personally identifiable except as described below under the IP Addresses section (“Aggregate Data”). In addition, Jawbite may take your personal information and create anonymized information by excluding information (such as your user name) that makes it personally identifiable to you (“Anonymized Data”).
- Demographic and Geographic Data. Jawbite may ask people to voluntarily provide additional demographic information such as age, gender, location, and interests, or we may require it for you to use certain features. We use demographic information to improve our services and to provide you with features like customized advertising. In addition, Jawbite may receive geographic or demographic information from outside sources. These sources may include companies whom we have engaged in accordance with Section 5 to provide that information based on information that you have provided to us, from our Community partners, from the third-party services that you access through Jawbite, or from other partners such as in connection with a co-branded website or a promotion. Jawbite may combine the information we receive from those other sources with information we collect through the Websites.
2. Storage, Disclosure and Use of Your Communications. You can use Jawbite to chat in private sessions. Don’t share personal information in a private chat unless it’s someone you know well in the real world.
Your posting to Jawbite message boards are saved on our servers and are also accessible to the public, who may include law officers and other authorities. Do not disclose personally identifiable information on message boards, as those postings are available to the public and may be saved on our server(s) as publicly available information.
Jawbite may disclose saved history in legal proceedings or investigations in the same manner as other personally identifiable information as described in Section 5(f) and (g).
Jawbite may customize the advertising shown to users based on software analysis of user profile and demographics.
We and our advertisers may use third-party companies to serve ads when you use the Services. These third-party ad-serving companies may also place cookies on your computer. Sometimes these cookies may be used to provide customized advertising to you on the Websites or on other sites. These advertising companies may also use Web beacons to help manage and optimize our online advertising.
Some third-party ad serving companies have agreed to allow users to opt-out of receiving customized advertising. To opt-out of receiving customized advertising from ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, please visit its website.
Jawbite may share data about aggregate IP addresses, but such data does not include personally identifiable information.
5. Usage and Sharing of Information.
Usage of Information. Jawbite may use the information it collects, including your personal information, aggregated data, and Anonymized Data, for the following purposes:
- To provide you with access to your account;
- To provide you with the Services;
- To enhance and improve our Services;
- To provide customized advertising to you;
- To conduct research;
- To determine your geographic location or other demographic information about you;
- To create reports and to analyze usage patterns.
Sharing of Information. Jawbite may share personally identifiable information with third parties in the following cases:
- To enable the normal course of functionality of the Services (for example, your user name(s) and password(s) and IP address will be shared with the Third Party Services where you have an account in order to permit you to log onto and utilize that service through Jawbite);
- With trusted third party service providers who help us in the operation of the Jawbite service and who have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of the data;
- To the Developers who provide Platform Applications that you have elected to use, as described above;
- Where we have a good faith belief that it is required in order to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, to prevent fraud or imminent harm, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
In the event that Jawbite is acquired by or merged with another company or transfers substantially all of its assets to another company,Jawbite will transfer all of its user information and data, including information about you, to that other company.
6. Notification of Changes and Other Events. Any changes to this policy will be posted on the Websites in this location.
Jawbite reserves the right to send you communications relating to your account, the Services, and the Terms and Conditions.
You consent to receiving all notifications from Jawbite through display on the Websites or through email, including any notifications that Jawbite is required by law to send to you.
8. Non-U.S. Users. Jawbite is hosted and operated entirely in the United States and is subject to United States law. Any personal information that you provide to Jawbite is being provided to Jawbite solely in the United States and will be hosted on United States servers. You consent to the transfer of your personal information to the United States. If you are accessing Jawbite from outside the United States, please be advised that United States law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
10. Editing and Deleting Your Account Information and Preferences. You can edit certain personal information that you have provided or request that your account be deleted by logging into your Jawbite account. Deleting your Jawbite account does not currently remove your personal information from the Jawbite servers. However, if you delete your account, we will use your personal information only as described in Sections 5(f) and (g).
11. Comments and Questions. If you have any comments or questions you may address them to our customer service department at email@example.com via mail addressed to Customer Service, Jawbite, Inc., at 1000 West Columbus Ave. Springfield, MA 01105.